Home • About HQH • Upcoming Programs • Workshops • The President's Piece • Challenge • Quilt Show - Fanfare 2013 • Community Outreach • Cruise Director • Hospitality • Library News • Retreat • Membership • HQH Board & Committee Members • Show & Tell Form • Web Notes • Gadget Girls Archive • HQH Yahoo! Group • HQH Stitch Groups • Upcoming Quilt Shows • HSV Museum of Art • Local Resources
Fanfare Quilt Show |
October, 11-13, 2013
Fanfare 2013 Quilt Show Entry Rules
Shelly will be accepting Quilt Show entries beginning at our April meeting. You will find the entry form in last month's Newsletter and on our webpage. We will be accepting entries through the August meeting but you can beat the August rush and do Shelly a big favor by entering sooner.
Please pick up our fabulous raffle quilt tickets to use yourself or sell to your friends.
1. Current HQH members may submit entries with dues being required for the 2013-2014 guild year. The HQH member must be the maker or participate in the making of the entry. All participants in the making of the entry must be known and named on the entry form. Entries must have been completed after September 2013.
2. Deadline for registration is Thursday, August 15th with a maximum number of 270 entries to be accepted. Quilts and/or Wearables MUST be completed at the time of entry.
3. Turn in your completed entry form with attachments to Shelly C.. A 4” x 6” photograph or equivalent sized image of each entry and a SASE must be attached to the entry form. Your name and the name of your entry should be on the back of the photograph with an indication of the top for hanging direction. The photograph will be used for insurance and display purposes and MUST show the finished edge of the completed quilt. The photograph will not be returned. The SASE will be used for a confirmation/reminder notice of drop-off location and directions, date, and time.
4. If your entry should become unavailable for the show, please notify Shelly at before the turn-in date.
5. Drop-off will occur on Monday, October 7th, 2013 with specific drop-off location to be determined. You will receive the information approximately six weeks to one month before drop-off is to occur. You will receive a receipt for your entry at that time.
6. Quilts and Wearables will begin to be available for pick up after the show at the Von Braun Center outside the show entrance on Sunday one hour after the show has closed. Only Take-Down Committee members will be allowed in the show area after the show has closed. The receipt will be required for you or someone you have designated to pick up your entry.
7. A maximum number of four (4) entries per entrant in the quilt categories will be accepted. One (1) entry in the art quilt category may be submitted. Up to three (3) entries of different sizes, (i.e. small, medium, large, bed) in any other quilt category may be submitted. FIFTH QUILT RULE: A Fifth Quilt may be submitted for entry into the show with the understanding that submissions will be put into a "Fifth Quilt File" and may be accepted into the show on a "space available" basis if, after the deadline has passed, we have not reached our maximum number of entries. The entry form must have the words “Fifth Quilt” printed on the top of the form. Any entrant who has a quilt accepted into the show from this file will receive a phone call from the show committee within three to five days after the deadline for entries has passed to notify them that their entry has been accepted into the show.
8. All entries must be quilted by hand, by machine or both. A 4” sleeve is required on all quilts with a total perimeter measurement of 200” or more and a 2 ½” sleeve is required for quilts with a total perimeter measurement of less than 200”.
9. The following will not be accepted: quilts or garments entered in previous HQH Fanfare Quilt Shows; antique quilts; pre-cut or pre-printed quilts; purchased tops where the maker is unknown, which have then been quilted; and sets, i.e. triptychs which are not joined together. Quilts should be clean with no visible pet hair and any quilts that are soiled or in need of repair will not be accepted.
10. Each quilt entry must have a label attached to the back of the quilt on a lower corner stating the name of the registrant and the name of the quilt. The label should be covered with painter’s tape or masking tape only so that the name of entrant is not readable during judging.
11. Each quilt entry must be submitted in a cloth bag such as a pillowcase with the registrant’s name and phone number clearly and permanently marked on the cloth bag.
12. Each Wearable entry must have visible quilting and be the sole creation of the maker. Two (2) items per entrant may be entered into the Wearable category.
13. Each garment will have any clothing necessary to complete the display of the entry such as a blouse, knit skirt or dress. Each garment must arrive on a hanger covered with a hanging bag that is labeled with the entrant’s name and phone number. Each accessory entry must be submitted in a separate cloth bag such as a pillowcase with the entrant’s name and phone number clearly and permanently marked on the cloth bag.
|Explanation of Terms and Categories|
|The registration committee reserves the right to re-categorize any entry.|
|Group||Three or more people participated in the construction of the quilt.|
|Two people||Two people participated in the making of the quilt.|
|One maker||Only one person assembled, quilted and bound the quilt, start to finish.|
|Pieced||The top is pieced.|
|Appliqué||The top is predominately appliquéd.|
|Mixed||There is a combination of piecing and appliqué.|
|Other||Includes any quilt that doesn’t fit into the pieced or appliqué category, such as whole cloth, crazy quilt, embroidery, cathedral window, etc. Please specify on the entry form why your entry belongs in this category.|
|Art Quilt||Contemporary artwork expressed in cloth; must have visible quilting and three layers.|
|Wearable||A garment or accessory with visible quilting.|
|Small||The perimeter of the quilt is less than 160".|
|Medium||The perimeter of the quilt is between 160" and 240".|
|Large||The perimeter of the quilt is between 240" and 300".|
|Bed||The perimeter is greater than 300".|
|Ribbon recognition for Quilts|
|1st, 2nd, 3rd Place & Honorable Mention (Awarded at Judge’s discretion)|
|Best of Show||Best Hand Quilting|
|Best Machine Quilting, Domestic||Best Machine Quilting, Commercial|
|President’s Choice||Judge’s Choice|
|Ribbon recognition for Wearables|
|1st, 2nd, 3rd & Honorable Mention (Awarded at Judge's discretion)|
|President's Choice||Judge's Choice|
Quilt Show Chair, Fanfare 2013